I just deleted the previous thread on the desktop client extension because I don’t want partially-addressed issues confusing other players on our home page. Support will be glad to help everyone with an issue. We have had thousands of installs that were successful with about 5% experiencing some sort of installation issue, which I will address now. With that said, we have identified 6 or 7 concerns that we have already started to work on and should be resolved within a few days.
Most of the issues are because of one of three reasons; the previous version of the desktop client was not uninstalled or was not completely uninstalled prior to downloading the new version or, during the download, certain files were corrupted and therefore do not install properly causing errors.
In most cases, all of these issues are easily resolved with a complete uninstall of Horse Racing Fantasy from your computer and then a fresh install. Please do an uninstall following these instructions (this is a complete uninstall):
Go to your Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the Horse Racing Fantasy program. Open 'My Computer' and type %appdata% in your computer's address bar (or in the Search bar from the Start menu) and hit Enter. This should take you to the game folder called "Roaming". Find the folder called 'Hrsim' and delete that folder. Then, restart your computer before reinstalling the Horse Racing Fantasy program. The restarting of the computer will assure cleaning out any conflicting files that might have remained from the previous version.
This process will completely remove the Horse Racing Fantasy program. Once you are certain you have completed an uninstall, it’s important that you restart your computer and then run a reinstall from your profile page in the community. Please do not try to reinstall from a saved download file as that file may be part of the problem. After you run the complete new download and then run the install process and log in, you should be fine. If, for some reason, you’re still having an issue and you have followed the instructions, you need to contact Support with a detailed explanation of your problem, along with the brand of computer you have and the operating system you are running.
Below you will find a list of issues that are affecting either all of the players or a large enough segment of the players that we are currently working on these issues and should have the new build out sometime next week:
1. Problem: Cannot run 2-YO Early Season from Advanced Mode. This is affecting everyone. The issue has already been resolved and the solution will be distributed with the next update.
2. Issue: Though most of our racing is Late Season, when setting up races in Advanced Mode, the races are defaulting to Early Season. This was addressed in an earlier build and not carried through to the final build. Not sure why, but the issue has been resolved and the next release will default to Late Season.
3. Issue: The community horses appear to be extremely inconsistent. We’re not sure why this is happening. We’ll run some more tests over the next few days. Worst case scenario is that we will default back to the former setting for the community horses.
4. Problem: For some players (about 10%), the last horse you breed is not available to be trained from your desktop client until you breed another horse. In other words, the last horse is always missing from the desktop client. This issue has already been resolved and the fix will be available with the next update.
5. Problem: When clicking on Advanced Mode, the whole page turns black. This problem has been reported by just a handful of players out of several thousand installs. We believe the problem is probably associated with the complete uninstall or not a full install because of missing files during the download. The problem is affecting too few players to indicate a major issue. We will work with the players who are experiencing this problem directly. In the meantime, if you happen to be a player with this issue, follow my full uninstall direction above and the full reinstall directions. This might resolve the problem. Please report back to Support if this does or does not resolve the problem, We need to further investigate what is going on. If you’re one of the players having this issue, your cooperation would be appreciated.
6. Issue: When running races with the Same Conditions button on sand and sometimes turf, a group of players is receiving the following error: Hrace – Error retrieving race data from… and other errors follow. We know the issue, we know the fix, it will be resolved with the next update.
7. Vague Problems: We are getting some players saying they are unable to complete the download process, others who have completed the download process, but cannot get the game to run and when they are requesting certain game functions are receiving an error message that the program cannot run. So far, we’re not getting enough detailed information to classify this as a real issue associated with the program, or if this is a problem that is tied to the game not being completely uninstalled initially and/or the installation of the game client missing certain files due to a corrupt download. I’m hoping the players who are having this problem follow my directions on completely uninstalling, including the Hrsim file, and rebooting their computer before trying a new install from their profile page in the community. Hopefully we get more feedback and can focus on the issue.
Every time we have done an update, we have run into problems with the client. Like all past storms, we’ll weather through it and within the next week or two have the majority of the players up and running with some minor tweaks and, in the end, a much more functional product. There are a lot of functionality changes in the client, a lot more integration into the community and with your trainer game horses. Please keep sending any particular information you have including questions, concerns, issues or if these suggestions helped resolve your issues to Support. Please be detailed when writing to Support. It speeds up the process and helps us resolve issues faster.
On a final note, by next week, we’ll be finished with the additional enhancements on the Stable page and the Stable Summary page.