Following is a list of known issues reported by users with the higher priority items first. Many of the lower priority items are so designated because they are (a) minor in nature, or (b) intermittent or cannot be replicated. Please continue to report issues you encounter so we can get them on the list to address over time.
There is an issue with races being posted to the community by some users with McAfee SecurityCenter running on their PC - to work around this issue, follow this guide.
Slow animation at the start of the race
This is known issue and we are woring on solutions for the long term. Short term users can try several things to help with this. 1) please read the animation and graphic support tab in this same section . 2) try to minimize the screen when the 3D engine is loading (right after the keyboard hints page) . This may help the engine adjust to your computer faster . The amount of time to keep the screen minimized will depend on the delay time you have . First try 2-3 seconds and adjust from there . For users that have a delay up to the first few seconds of the horse race this seems to help .
--- Medium Priority ---
1. Some races run on synthetic surfaces are posted in past performances as dirt races.
2. Del Mar (and some other tracks) turf races at any distance over 6 furlongs, the chute overlays the track
--- Low Priority ---
1. Occasional Error occurred on attempt to automatically select horses. Error 9-Subscript out of range. Returned to the select horses page; Tried again and it worked the second time. User - in 3rd account - checked pick horses automatically. All other factors he controlled. Distance 6 furlongs, dirt, 3 year olds 5 mo. He also picked special weights (weight 120), then continued, went to track selection and picked muddy. Then clicked Belmont and got the error when he hit continue button the error said (hrfanwin auto horse select error occurred when on attempt to auto select horses). Changed the number of horses to 16 from 20 and tried the entire setup again and the error did not occur (maybe it cannot find enough horses to fit the class)
2. Occasional Error occurred accessing Results Chart. Error Code: 13 Type mismatch
3. Running a 1 mile turf race at New Zealand, NZ 2, at the finish the track display is distorted.
4. Race animation was fine, but then becomes consistently very slow. Reboot fixed it in at least one case.
5. In post race summary, final time was indicated as "1:45.00", but should have been 1:46.
6. Pressing F8 key during race - it will only accept one digit, so you can't isolate on any horse
7. Sportsman Park, two-turn race on the main track: 2 of the mile post markers are on the track and not inside the rail.
8. One occurrence: Race built with auto horse select picked all male horses for a filly & mare race.
9. One occurrence: Run time 55 error file already in use - when picking 2007 BC Mile
10. One user: cannot get function keys to work - User running XP
11. In Community mode. Select Race From Master File. Select Horses Automatically. North American Tracks. Hit List Races. Selected a race then changed my mind and then hit Select Track. That is when the error message showed up.
12. When have multiple windows open and select run race from the field of horses screen. The new race window appears underneath the other open applications.
13. On dirt tracks, move horses a few inches to the right in starting gate.