Q: How exactly does this work?
Our service matches consumers with companies who need new users to test their products, sign-up for their websites, take part in surveys, or otherwise interact with their company. In return for their participation, the consumers are rewarded with Horse Race Game Community Points that can be used to enter tournaments or purchase things in the Shop.
Q: Sounds good, how do I get started?
Getting started is easy. Just visit the offers page, read the descriptions of the offers provided, then click the name of whichever offer you’d like to complete. You’ll notice we provide a bunch of information about each offer, including its name, what’s required to complete it, the number points you’ll receive for completing the offer, and how much it will cost you to complete. Most offers are free, but occasionally you’ll find an offer that has a small cost, which is typically a shipping and handling charge, or something similar.
Once you find an offer you want to complete, simply click the name of the offer and it will bring you to that advertiser’s page. Complete the offer as described using truthful and accurate information, and you’re done! Now close the advertiser’s window, click ‘Submit’ next to the offer you just completed, and wait for the points to be credited to your account.
Q. Anything to keep in mind while I’m completing offers?
Here are a few things you should remember:
- In order to get credit for an offer, you must use truthful and accurate information during the sign-up process. Using fake information is considered fraud and you won’t receive credit for the offers you complete.
- Be sure to read the Privacy Policies of each company before you complete their offer. Since these are third-party advertisers, they all have different policies about how they handle and use your personally identifiable information.
- Have fun! This process works best when you sign-up for products you’re interested in, so be sure to take advantage of your favorite offers before they disappear.
Q. Ok, I completed an offer, how long will it take the points to reach my account?
The amount of time it takes for an offer to credit to your account varies significantly for each offer. Since we rely on each advertiser to report to us when you complete their offer, the confirmation time can range between a few minutes and, in rare cases, up to a couple of weeks. All we can say is be patient! Each advertiser is different. Until we receive payment for your offer from the advertiser, the offer will remain Pending.
Q: What does it mean when an offer is Pending?
We provide the “Pending” feature only as a way for you to track the offers that you’ve done. Just because an offer is Pending does not mean it will be credited, and even if you forget to submit an offer to us, you’ll still receive credit for the offer when the company reports to us. Offers stay in the Pending until they are confirmed to us, at which point the offer is moved to your “Completed” list.
Q: I did an offer and I still haven’t received credit. Why?
If you an offer hasn’t credited for you, it’s because we haven’t received credit. Remember that in most cases offers confirm within a couple of hours, but sometimes they can take up to days or weeks. We know it’s hard to wait, but try to be patient! Please also remember that we are not responsible for third-party free offers. We suggest using the View Pending Offers link on the Free Offers home page and then use the contact link to their customer service.
Q: Why would an advertiser withhold credit if I completed the offer?
There are a variety of reasons why an advertiser may not credit us for an offer you believe you completed. Here are some of those reasons:
- You didn’t complete the entire offer. If you quit half way through a survey or don’t finish an offer, you won’t be credited. For example, many sites require that you confirm your email address at the end of the registration.
- Fake or inaccurate information was used. If you use fake information when completing an offer, you will not receive credit. Using fake or misleading information is also against our Terms of Service and will result in the termination of your account. If you’re not interested in having a company know your real information, don’t do the offer!
- You’ve done the offer before. Advertisers aren’t interested in paying for the same person to try their product or service multiple times. If you’ve done the offer (or possibly even an offer from the same company) outside of our site, we won’t receive credit for it if you do it again.
- You used a gift card or prepaid credit card to do the offer. If you do an offer that requires a credit card, some companies will not credit us if you use a gift card or prepaid credit card. This is because they don’t want you signing up for a trial, only to find that your card gets declined if you continue with them after the trial period.
- You canceled the offer immediately. If you sign-up for a product trial and then immediately cancel your trial, you won’t receive credit. The point of our program is that you get paid to try products and services that you’re interested in. By canceling immediately, you’re indicating that you weren’t even interested to begin with. If you’re not interested in an offer, don’t do it!
Q: I had a bad experience with one of the advertisers. What should I do?
We do our best to only work with companies who are truthful and up front with our users. If you feel that a company has scammed you (hit you with frivolous charges, for example), please let us know and we will look into it. One thing we will certainly do is post it for the rest of the community to know that certain offers should be avoided.